Are there any commerce restrictions that prevent me from offering WhatsApp to specific industries?
Yes. WhatsApp provides a thorough Commerce Policy that provides guidance on which industries, companies, and use cases are forbidden. We strongly recommend that you check this guideline before approaching potential customers for WhatsApp.
Here’s a quick overview of industries and use cases that are currently not eligible to use the WhatsApp Business API:
- Illegal products or services
- Drugs, whether prescription, recreational or otherwise
- Tobacco items and related paraphernalia
- Unsafe ingestible supplements
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
- Adult products or services
- Body parts and fluids
- Items or products with overtly sexualized positioning
- Real money gambling services
- Dating services
- Products or items that facilitate or encourage unauthorized access to digital media
- Digital and subscription services
- And more.
For health and medical services, e.g. pharmacies, use cases are limited to services such as appointment reminders, vaccine administration, and medical testing.
ℹ️ Please have a look here at more detailed insights regarding specifics of the WhatsApp Commerce Policy.
✉️ In case a company has been rejected and it’s unclear why, you can get in touch with our Onboarding Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also request an appeal for Facebook to reconsider, which our Onboarding team can also advise and help with.