FAQs – WhatsApp Commerce Policy
WhatsApp restricts certain companies or use cases from using the platform. Check the FAQs related to the WhatsApp Commerce Policy and learn if you can use the chat app in your business.
If you can’t find an answer to your question, contact us.
WhatsApp Commerce Policy
- Where can I find out which verticals are not allowed on WhatsApp?
- What have been the main changes in WhatsApp Commerce Policy since January 15th, 2021?
- Does this policy of not conducting sales transactions apply to all goods and services starting January 15, 2021?
- How do I know when to refer to the WhatsApp Business Policy vs the FB Commerce Policy?
- Where can I find the list of prohibited goods and services that cannot be sold or promoted on WhatsApp Business Solutions according to the Commerce policy?
- Is it possible to transact in the sale of goods / services prohibited by the Commerce policy for a B2B use case?
- What does it mean that businesses cannot use WhatsApp Business Solutions to transact in the sale of goods and services prohibited by the Commerce policy?
- What industries in the health sector are allowed on WhatsApp?
- Why are health businesses now being allowed to onboard onto the WhatsApp Business API if they were excluded previously?
- Can pharmacies now be onboarded to the API?
- Is telemedicine allowed on the WhatsApp Business API?
- Does WhatsApp allow games in-thread?
- What if a customer initiates a conversation about purchasing a good or service from a vertical where that is restricted by the Commerce policy – can I continue that discussion within the app?
- Can previously removed clients be allowed back on the API? If so, can they use the same phone number? Will their old messages be visible?