In the migration process, the WABA remains intact:
- Phone number, display name, quality rating, and messaging limits are transferred without any change
- Official business account status is kept
- Approved high-quality message templates are also migrated.
The migration process involves 3 main assets:
- A source WABA: this is the BSP the phone number is currently registered to. Here, the business verification has been completed and approved, and the WABA review status must be approved, too.
- A phone number: the phone number that will be migrated.
- A destination WABA: the BSP the number will be migrated to.
Phone migration is always initiated by the destination WABA BSP – in this case, tyntec.
Here are the migration steps with tyntec initiated by an ISV:
Step #1 - Go to your Google-Sheet and add the customer information. Fill out the column Migration from another BSP.
Step #2 - You must confirm to tyntec that your existing BSP (‘source WABA’) has lifted the 2FA code from the phone number.
Step #3 - tyntec will perform migration API calls made to the endpoint with the destination WABA’s ID.
Step #4 - You would receive a six-digit code via SMS or voice call and send it back to tyntec.
Once this is done, your WABA is successfully migrated to tyntec and you will be notified accordingly. You can view your WhatsApp Business Profile on your tyntec account and can start managing it from our dashboard, such as submitting new message templates.