Find out how to keep your WhatsApp chatbot conversations feeling natural and supportive to your customers.
2 billion people around the world use WhatsApp—26% of the world’s population. For Europeans, WhatsApp has even become more popular than SMS. Thanks to the launch of WhatsApp Business API, more companies are taking note of customers’ changing preferences and using WhatsApp chatbots to provide support and better architect the customer journey.
But with snapshots of awkward, ‘robotic’ conversations in mind, many brands worry that relying too heavily on chatbots will put a huge dent in their customer satisfaction rates. And they’re not wrong—84% of customers say they want to be treated like a person.
The solution? Humanizing your WhatsApp chatbot. We’ll show you how in 5 steps below.
What is a WhatsApp chatbot?
WhatsApp chatbots are a conversational AI solution. They use a combination of machine learning and natural language processing to engage in real-time conversations with prospects and customers in the WhatsApp app.
WhatsApp chatbots offer a number of benefits:
- 90% of customers expect immediate replies to their questions. Unlike human customer service reps, WhatsApp chatbots can provide 24/7 customer support.
- 75.5% of businesses say they get a positive ROI from personalization. You can configure WhatsApp chatbots to qualify and nurture leads or provide personalized product recommendations.
- WhatsApp chatbot are a great way to deliver answers to your most popular common FAQs. By adding a WhatsApp chatbot to your tech stack, you can help save your reps a ton of time on repetitive customer queries.
- You can also use your WhatsApp chatbot to support customers in fulfilling tasks like account creations, making in-app purchases, and processing payments.
Now you know the benefits of WhatsApp chatbots, let’s take a look at how you can humanize them.
Combine person-centred customer service support with the smarts and availability of AI
The first step to humanizing your chatbot is to configure it to work alongside your customer support reps. Afterall, 75% of customers say they still value a human customer support experience. Customer support professionals still provide invaluable emotional and practical support to customers with complex problems or more emotion-driven complaints.
You can set up your chatbot to route customers with more complicated problems to available customer service reps. You can also configure your chatbot to direct users to helpful site and product pages, helping reduce customer support pressures on your team.
While 55% of customers like to talk to support reps on the phone, 54% of customers said they would always pick a chatbot over a human customer service rep if it could save them 10 minutes. AI can provide the instant, 24/7 support customers crave, and work alongside your talented support reps—giving you the benefits of both.
Mirror your customers’ language choices
When it comes to friendship and likability—research shows that people favor those who are similar to them. We naturally gravitate towards people that use a similar speaking style to our own. That’s why one of the best things you can do to humanize your chatbot is to reflect your customers’ speaking style.
Here’s how to get this down:
- First consider what tone of voice your customers use. Are they formal, casual, playful, witty? How can you program your chatbot to reflect their tone of voice?
- The right slang and word usage can go a long way in helping your customers feel like they are talking to a friend. Use social listening via social media channels and forums like Reddit, Instagram, TikTok, or LinkedIn in your research. Mine for phrases customers and prospects frequently use and reflect this language with your conversational AI.
- 71% of mobile phone owners add emojis and GIFs to their messages. Bring a personalized feel to your customers’ chatbot conversations with media elements and interactive buttons.
Personalize conversations with customer data
66% of customers expect businesses to understand their unique expectations and needs. To personalize your customers’ chatbot experiences, you need to power your conversational AI with historic and real-time customer data.
To effectively personalize conversations with the right customer data, you need to integrate your chatbot with your CRM. In doing so, you can give your chatbot relevant customer details and deliver a personalized, seamless omni-channel experience for your customers.
Connect your chatbot to your CRM and provide your AI with data such as:
- Demographic factors (such as age)
- Past purchase history
- Product preferences and wish list
- Past interactions with your business
To integrate your conversations with your CRM, go for a service provider like tyntec that supports pre-built integrations with your CRM provider or can offer custom integrations. Use our Conversations Inbox to sync your CRM for the right customer data, route out issues to multiple agents, and set up auto and quick replies.
Use your WhatsApp chatbot to personalize the customer journey
Rather than undermining the all-important human side of customer interactions—you can use chatbots to personalize the customer journey more effectively.
With tyntec, you can configure your WhatsApp chatbot to personalize the entire customer journey and:
- Drive more sales by offering personalized shopping recommendations
- Provide real-time alerts on stock levels for their favorite products
- Provide updates on orders and deliveries
- Keep customers up to date on their loyalty points usage
Localize your messages
Multilingual chatbots are essential for supporting customers in different parts of the world.
Beyond providing support in multiple languages, you can help your global customer base feel at ease by adopting their regional ways of speaking. Going further than translation, localization provides a more personalized experience. Localization might include adopting the slang, currencies, or date formats used in a particular country.
Localization makes your chatbot conversations easier to understand and helps the interaction feel more natural. By localizing your chatbot conversations, you can potentially increase conversions by up to 70%.
Increase your customer satisfaction rates by humanizing your WhatsApp chatbot
WhatsApp is becoming more and more popular. With the capacity to cut costs and offer 24/7 support to customers around the world, a WhatsApp chatbot is a great way to deliver the kind of support your customers are looking for on one of their favorite channels. To keep your WhatsApp chatbot conversations feeling natural and supportive to your customers, taking each of these steps is essential.
How many more customers can you impress by humanizing your WhatsApp chatbot with tyntec? Speak to our team to find out more.