With Commerce powered by Product Catalog Messages, customers can view products directly on WhatsApp and add their desired items to the embedded shopping cart without leaving the chat app. At the same time, the company can send a payment link, confirm the order, and even send out parcel shipment information as a follow-up.
In this tutorial, you will find:
- Prerequisites for Commerce on WhatsApp
- Overview of Commerce elements on the Conversations Inbox
- How to use Commerce on the Conversations Inbox
Prerequisites for Commerce on WhatsApp
To use the WhatsApp Business API for Commerce, you need to fulfill the following prerequisites:
1. Upload Inventory to Facebook
You can simply upload your catalog as a Google Sheet, so it’s automatically linked on your Facebook Commerce Manager and your linked WhatsApp Business Profile every time you update it.
Overview of Commerce elements on the Conversations Inbox
Once your inventory is uploaded on the Commerce Manager and connected to your WhatsApp Business Profile, you can start using the Commerce tab on the Conversations Inbox.
The Commerce elements are as follows:
Orders: under the Commerce tab, get an overview of all the orders placed by your customers. You can also sync this information in your CRM.
How to use Commerce on the Conversations Inbox
This is a general process for how the Commerce function is used:
1. The customer sends a message (or replies to a promotional message) asking about product details/availability
When the customer sends or replies to a message, this conversation is displayed in the general Inbox.
You can assign this conversation to an agent for manual conversation management or a virtual assistant.
Businesses have two options to share products when chatting with their customers:
- Multi-Product Messages: Messages containing a selection of up to 30 items from a business’ inventory.
- Single Product Messages: Messages with a single product item from the business’ inventory. The product is displayed in a Product Detail Page (PDP) format.