How does the 2FA API work?
The 2FA API works like this:
- The user registers on your website or app and provides a mobile phone number for verification
- tyntec’s API automatically chooses the channel to send the verification code (SMS or voice call/text-to-speech). Alternatively, the enterprise can give the user the option to choose
- Both SMS and voice trigger the enterprise’s web back-end and calls the tyntec 2FA API at the phone number provided.
- tyntec sends the user a unique one-time password via SMS or voice call
- The user enters the one-time password (OTP) on the website or app to verify their identity
- The enterprise’s back-end sends an API call to the tyntec 2FA service and tyntec replies, confirming whether the OTP entered by the user is correct or not
- If the OTP is correct, the website back-end authorizes the registration
For more information, check out this video on how the 2FA API works and the features it provides.