FAQs – Getting Started
Get to know how to start sending authentication messages with tyntec. In these FAQs, learn how to create and change your 2FA application within our API and more.
If you can’t find an answer to your question, contact us.
- How can I create my tyntec 2FA account?
- How does the 2FA API work?
- Why should I use SMS for authentication?
- What are the benefits of using phone numbers as a digital identifier?
- What use cases does the 2FA API support?
- What is the difference between 2FA API and tyntec’s OTP SMS API?
- Can I use the 2FA API with any number in the world?
- How much does tyntec’s 2FA API cost?
- Is there a charge for additional verification attempts?
- How long does it take to verify a phone number with tyntec’s two-factor authentication codes?
- How are PIN codes for 2FA generated?
- What is the length of a 2FA PIN code/ one-time password?
- Can I provide my own 2FA codes?
- How can I retry a verification attempt?
- What is the validity period for 2FA API’s PIN codes?
- How many times can a customer enter a PIN code?
- Where can I see the status of a PIN code/OTP?
- How do I map the PIN code/OTP the customer enters for the original request?
- What should I do if I haven’t received a 2FA PIN code?
- Why is my 2FA SMS/TTS (Text-to-Speech) call not in the primary language of the destination country?
- What happens if the line is busy or there is no answer when receiving a text-to-speech call?
- How do I know whether TTS or SMS will be used?