Combine a unique identifier device (aka a mobile phone) with contextual data, and you have secure, user-friendly two-factor authentication.
User RegistrationSign up a new user without getting fooled by fake account bots
Give new users immediate, secure access with a one-time verification code – and keep out the fake users and spam.
Transaction VerificationProtect your customers – and your revenue
Defeat fraudulent online transaction and comply with consumer protection regulations with user-friendly two-factor authentication.
Account Protection (via SMS or Voice)Prevent user account takeovers and unauthorized access
Provide peace of mind to users by verifying access from unidentified device or location with geolocation-aided, contextual authentication – and protect your brand reputation.
Using our direct connections to telecom operators, we ensure fast, secure delivery to the endpoint – and share the monitoring data with our customers.
Stronger authentication with less coding – welcome to our simple, robust authentication APIs. Developers can configure features according to their needs, including password generation, language templates and more.
Building on our industry-leading number information service, we can dynamically adjust user authentication requirements depending on the threat level, using real-time phone number information such as roaming information, user location, and phone status (on/off).
- when does authentication become really critical?
- is there a single most important factor when choosing an authentication method? (hint: users first)
- is authentication bad for Customer experience?
- what are the pros and cons of different methods?
- why is SMS still the most popular delivery method for 2FA?
1. User attempts to verify a transaction online.
2. Enterprise submits the number verification request to tyntec. tyntec creates a PIN and sends it via the most appropriate channel (SMS or voice).
3. User receives the PIN and enters the code to verify the transaction.
4. tyntec matches the entered PIN against the passcode sent to the user.
5. Enterprise authorizes/denies the transaction.
# Send an otp with minimum mandatory values: curl \ -X POST "https://api.tyntec.com/2fa/v1/otp?number<TEL_NUMBER>" -H "accept: application/json" \ -H "apikey: <YOUR_API_KEY>" # Check an OTP code: curl \ -X POST "https://api.tyntec.com/2fa/v1/otp/<OTP_ID>/check?otpCode=<OTP_CODE>" -H "accept: application/json" \ -H "apikey: <YOUR_API_KEY>"
Mobile ChatViberSend a message0.012 €Receive a message0 €
VoiceVoice CallingTo landline numbers0.003 €To mobile numbers0.338 €
MessagingLocal SMSSend a message0.062 €Receive a message0 €Short CodeSetup3900 €Monthly1300 €Send a message0.086 €Receive a message0 €Virtual Phone Number - LandlineSetup1.11 €Monthly1.11 €Send a message0.085 €Receive a message0.013 €Virtual Phone Number - MobileSetup0 €Monthly33 €Send a message0.072 €Receive a message0 €
Number InformationPortability CheckPer successful query0.0019 €
Authentication2FAPer successful authentication0.09 €