You will need
- Your tyntec API key from your tyntec account
- Your Viber Service ID that has been assigned to you by tyntec
- A mobile phone with Viber for testing
- A Microsoft Dynamics 365 account with the Marketing app installed
- A Microsoft Power Automate Subscription license with your Dynamics Environment
- A Contact in your Microsoft Dynamics with the mobile number set to your testing Viber phone number
The sample Flow works in your Microsoft Dynamics background and automatically listens to a creation of a new appointment (the Trigger). Once triggered, it calls the Action Send Viber Text Message to the assigned Contact in the Trigger.
1. Open your Power Automate.
2. In the left dropdown menu, click the Create button.
3. From all possible Flow types, select Automated—from blank.
Automated flows run when an event triggers, Instant flows on a manual trigger, and Scheduled on a given time condition.
4. In the design window pop-up, use the search function to find the event When a row is added, modified or deleted from Microsoft Dataverse. Then click the Create button.
You are now in the UI Flow designer that can add Actions to your Flow and chain them into algorithms. The designer automatically creates When a row is added, modified or deleted trigger step.
5. In the When a row is added, modified or deleted trigger step, set the Change type to Added, the table name to Appointments, and scope to Organization. Your Trigger is now listening for any new appointments.
TIP: You can add more dynamic content values. Using something like Dear First Name, we are looking forward to our appointment about Description, from Start Time to End Time, Location: Location, will create a good informational message.
Congratulations on completing your Flow!
The main power of the tyntec Viber Business connector is that you can use it alongside any connector (Salesforce, for example) that is in Power Automate. Using the Microsoft Dataverse you can access any entity within your Dynamics environment.
If you would like to scale the capabilities of this flow, it's a good idea to add analytics to it. Each time you use Send Viber Text Message the Flow receives a messageId dynamic content. Using the tyntec Viber Business action Status Check with the messageId returns you the status of your message (for reference, look at the API Reference). You can save the response from the Status Check in a custom entity or attach it as a note to the appointment.
More information about webhooks as triggers can be found here.
If you are having trouble getting two-way messaging working, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org