This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) is part of the tyntec Terms and Conditions of Service which you agreed to abide by when using the tyntec Services. In this AUP we set out actions which are prohibited when using the tyntec Services. You, the Customer, may not use the Services without agreeing to this AUP. You agree to use the Services only in a lawful manner and not to use, and not to encourage or allow any of your end users to use, the Services for illegal, improper or abusive activities.
The following list contains examples of use of the Services that is prohibited. This list is not exhaustive and you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws:
- Engaging in activities or, uploading, downloading, submitting, transmitting, distributing or facilitating the distribution of, any information that contains “inappropriate content” in connection with the Services. Inappropriate content includes, but is not limited to, content that:
- May be considered libelous, slanderous, defamatory, threatening, sexually explicit, vulgar, profane, obscene, offensive, abusive, malicious or otherwise harmful to any person or entity, constitutes or promotes “hate speech” or is otherwise discriminatory based on race, sex, creed, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, language, or age.
- Is fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate or misleading (including, without limitation, by creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin or contents of a message or other communication using your account).
- Contains or transmits viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs or similar destructive programming routines.
- Interferes with or disrupts networks connected to the Services or violates the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Promotes, markets or otherwise relates to illegal activities or terrorism.
- Infringes on, misappropriates, or violates any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties, including but not limited to trademark, copyright, patent, trade secrets, rights of publicity, and rights of privacy.
- Constitutes or relates to “adult services” or content of an adult nature, including, without limitation, content that contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- includes sensitive financial or identification information or documents.
- Uses or includes any Open Source Software in connection with the Services in any manner that requires that any portion of the Services be (a) disclosed or distributed in source code form, (b) made available free of charge to recipients, or (c) modifiable without restriction by recipients. “Open Source Software” means any software, documentation or other material that contains, or is derived (in whole or in part) from, any software, documentation or other material that is distributed as free software, open source software (e.g., Linux) or similar licensing or distribution models, including, but not limited to software, documentation or other material licensed or distributed under any of the following licenses or distribution models, or licenses or distribution models similar to any of the following: (i) GNU’s General Public License (GPL), Lesser/Library GPL (LGPL), or Free Documentation License, (ii) The Artistic License (e.g., PERL), (iii) the Mozilla Public License, (iv) the Netscape Public License, (v) the Sun Community Source License (SCSL), (vi) the Sun Industry Standards License (SISL), (vii) the BSD License and (viii) the Apache License.
- Impersonating any person or entity without his, her or its consent.
- Using your account to engage in fraudulent activity with respect to third parties or otherwise bypass legitimate identification systems.
- Where prohibited by applicable law, engaging in spamming, or other unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spamming laws and regulations, such as, without limitation, the US CAN SPAM Act of 2003, the US Telephone Consumer Protection Act, US Telephone Consumer Fraud & Abuse Prevention Act, US Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and the US Do-Not-Call Implementation Act.
- Using the Services in violation of any applicable data protection and data privacy laws and regulations.
- Violating or facilitating the violation of any country, state, province, local or international law, rule, legal order, or regulation.
- Using the Services, or a component of the Services, in a manner not authorized by us.
- Reselling, sublicensing, renting or timesharing the Services or any portion of our Services without our express, specific prior written consent.
- Using our long virtual numbers or voice numbers to receive messages for the purposes of identity verification, bulk messaging, automated messaging, messages using automated dialing, pre-recorded messaging, and the like.
- Where prohibited by applicable law, using our long virtual numbers for marketing purposes.
- Offering or purporting to offer any Emergency Services. “Emergency Services” means services that allow a user to connect with emergency services personnel or public safety answering points such as 911 or E911 services.
- Artificially inflating traffic (e.g. generating traffic that has been artificially increased to boost the revenue of an entity or network without offering any real benefit to the originator of the call).
- Unless otherwise agreed in advance, send a substantial amount of voice traffic, as reasonably determined by tyntec, only to specific regions or number ranges within a country in a manner that would cause tyntec to incur material costs beyond those incurred by tyntec when sending similar quantities of voice traffic equally spread across all regions and number ranges within such country; in the event of violation of this clause, for the avoidance of doubt, tyntec reserves the right to immediately suspend the relevant portion of the Service to You.
- Damaging, interfering with or adversely impacting the availability, reliability, or stability of our Services or third party systems and networks relating to our Services.
- Overburdening, disabling, or launching or facilitating a denial of service attack on any of our Services or third party systems and networks relating to our Services.
- Attempting to circumvent or break any security mechanism on any of the Services or using the Services in any manner that poses a security or other risk to us, our vendors, any user of our Services, or any of our or their respective customers.
- Benchmarking, tampering with, unauthorized testing, reverse-engineering, decompiling, or otherwise using the Services in order to find limitations or vulnerabilities or evade filtering capabilities, or any other purpose not authorized by us.
- Using the Services in any manner that may subject us or any third party to liability, damages or loss.
Please note that if you or others using your account violate (or if we have reason to believe that you have violated or have encouraged others to violate) this AUP, in addition to our available rights and remedies described in the Terms and Conditions of Service, we may investigate the incidents that we believe are contrary to this AUP and provide requested information to affected third parties.
The above list is not exhaustive and does not list all restricted behaviour.
tyntec will ultimately decide whether your use of the Services violates this AUP.