Sign up today
And start your journey towards better customer experience
If you are using one of the Zapier-enabled video conferencing apps, such as Zoom, you can integrate it with WhatsApp using the tyntec Zap.
The tyntec Zap detects new Zoom meetings and sends a WhatsApp template message to preselected contacts as an invite. You can copy it using this share link and you learn how to use it in integration one.
Moreover, even though your video conferencing software is not on Zapier, you can still send invites to your WhatsApp contacts through the Google Calendar. Using our Zap, anytime you add a meeting to your calendar, Zapier will trigger and send invite messages. You can read more about it in integration two.
1. Click on our sharing link.
2. After clicking on Try this Zap, the Zap designer page opens. Connect your accounts to get started.
5. Then click on the For each written phone number action. In Set up change the value of phones to your comma-separated phone numbers (49 XXXXX,43 XXX, use your number for testing). Zapier will use them as recipients of the invite messages. Be sure to have the Maximum Number Of Loop Iteration larger than the number of phone numbers.
Congratulations, you have successfully set a direct Zapier integration.
Pro tip: To be sure that the Zap sends invites only for the correct events, there are three additional settings that you can use together or separately, if you want.
1. Click on our invite link.
2. After clicking on Try this Zap, the Zap designer page opens. It will ask you to connect your accounts.
3. Click on Sign in to Google Calendar, sign in to your Google Calendar account, and click on Continue. If you already have a Google Calendar account connected, select it in the dropdown menu.
4. In Set up trigger, select your Calendar and click on Continue. Test your trigger by clicking on Test trigger.
5. Click on Only continue if… action, and in the Filter setup & testing set your trigger filter.
7. Then click on the For each written phone number action. In Set up change the value of phones to your comma-separated phone numbers (49XXXXX,43XXX). Zapier will use them as recipients of the invite messages. Be sure to have the Maximum Number Of Loop Iteration set larger than the number of phone numbers.
8. In the Send WhatsApp Message action, click on Sign in to tyntec. Paste in your tyntec Conversations API key and click on Yes, continue. Then click on Continue.
9. In Set up, enter your WABA number and your Template ID. Then click on Continue.
Voilà! Your Zap is now up and running, providing you with seamless WhatsApp invite.
Using hard-coded phone numbers works well if you know they won't change much; for example, if you have a premium club, stable partner network, etc. . However, as the phone list changes, it makes sense to automate adding phone numbers, too.
Look through the Zapier supported CRMs and their search/get/fetch contact functionalities. This way, you set it only once, and you don't need to do any maintenance later on. You can see this utilized in this improved Google Calendar Zap that fetches attendees' phone numbers from Google Contacts, based on their email address.
Each video conferencing software has the join meeting link in different places, the most common being description and location. If it is in the description, you can search for the Format action and use the Transform action with the Extract URL setting.