You will need
- Your tyntec API key from your tyntec account
- A Microsoft Dynamics 365 account with the Marketing app installed
- A Microsoft Power Automate Free license in your Dynamics Environment
- A testing mobile phone number
- A Contact in your Microsoft Dynamics with the mobile number
The sample Flow works in the Dynamics background and automatically listens to updates to call events (the Trigger). Once triggered, it checks for the status of the call event and if it is close, it sends a custom SMS.
1. Open to your Power Automate.
2. In the left dropdown menu, click the Create button.
3. From all possible Flow types, select Automated—from blank.
Automated flows run when an event triggers, Instant flows on a manual trigger and Scheduled on a given time condition. 4. In the design window pop-up, use the search function to find the event When a record is created, updated or deleted from Common Data Service. Then click the Create button.
You are now in the UI Flow designer that can add Actions to your Flow and chain them into algorithms. The designer automatically creates When a record is created, updated or deleted trigger step.
5. Within the When a record is created, updated or deleted step, set the Trigger condition to Update, the entity name to Phone Calls, and scope to Organization. Your Trigger is now listening for any updates to the Phone Call entity.
12. Set the to field to the Mobile Phone dynamic content, the from field to your SMS Business Account, the templateId field to your templateID, the language-policy field to your template's language policy, and the language-code field to your template's language code.
13. Set the text to your desired SMS message. You can use dynamic content to autofill data. For example, with a combination of typing and dynamic content, you can automatically thank for the phone call.
Congratulations on completing your Flow!
The main power of the tyntec SMS Business connector is that you can use it alongside any connector (Sharepoint, for example) that is in Power Automate. Using the Common Data Service you can access any entity within your Dynamics environment.
If you would like to scale the capabilities of this flow, it could be a good idea to add analytics to it. Each time you use the SMS message action the Flow receives a messageId dynamic content as response.
Using the action Status Check with the messageId returns you the status of your message (for reference, look at the API Reference). You can save the response from the Status Check within a custom entity or attach it as a note to the Contact using the Create a record action or the Update a record action.