Accept: application/json apiKey: YOUR_API_KEY
You will need
- tyntec Business Center account
- Generated API Key from the Business Center
- Installed Postman to test API requests
Important: Create multiple API keys and use different keys for test and production environments not to harm production during the development process.
Response is synchronous - it means the result is immediately returned according to the schema defined in API references - NumberResponse.
Phone Verification service aims to provide information regarding the validity, reachability and trustworthiness of a phone number. This information comes in the form of a Risk Index about the phone number. The following risk classifications for field fraudRisk are applied:
- High: The phone number is considered a high-risk number and the API user should avoid contacting this number.
- Medium: The phone number is generally considered a legitimate number, but the API user should exercise caution when contacting this number for sensitive data or high-value transactions.
- Low: The phone number is considered a legitimate, trustworthy number and the API user should feel confident to contact this number.
- Unknown: Validation service was not able to assess fraud risk of the phone number because of technical reasons or insufficient data.
Based on the risk classification you can evaluate the level of engagement and transaction with the subscriber behind the given number.
A Phone Verification API call could end with error in case there is a problem with your API key or internal server infrastructure, these problems could be identified with specific error codes and responses:
- 401 - Not present API Key or incorrect header parameter used.
- 403 - Incorrect API Key or permission to key not granted.
- 500 - Internal server error.
To debug server availability, you can call endpoint /health to retrieve current server status and double check if the problem is on the server or client (request) side.