Viber Security & Encryption
Viber is one of the most secure and privacy driven messaging apps on the market today. All messages between your business, Viber and your users are end-to-end encrypted.
- The connection between business & Viber servers is secured and encrypted. Requests are being sent over HTTPS only.
- All service messages can only be viewed on the end-user’s device. Viber does not save the message content.
- The connection between Viber & end user is secured and encrypted (unique key per end user).
- For every Business, Viber whitelist a limited number of IPs (no domains allowed).
- Push notification purpose is to “wake up” Viber client and does NOT include message content.
- The Viber Business platform is using industry security best practices and complies with applicable laws.
- Amazon servers in private cloud.
The recipient of messages must provide consent (opt-in) before a business sends any messages. Companies must retain proof of receipt of such consent. Users also need to be able to block the service from sending messages at any stage. Businesses can collect opt-ins by promoting Viber on their usual communication channels, incl. website, email, SMS, and more.
A user who initiates a conversation is considered as opted-in for future messages until she/he revokes such opt-in or unsubscribes.
Viber proactively monitors block rates and may disable services with exceptional block rates until further notice.
Messages that are sent to users without their consent will be considered as spam messages and the service will be subjected to a penalty as mentioned in the warranty letter.
Also, a user who has initiated the conversation will be considered as opted-in for future messages until she/he revokes such opt-in or unsubscribes.