Utilize tyntec's FAQs to help solve any issues you may have. Additionally, learn about cloud communications, CPaaS, SMS for business, authentication, and more.
Cloud Communication Basics
- What is CPaaS?
- Why is the access to a global communications network important?
- What is A2P SMS?
- What are SMS open rates like?
- What’s the importance of direct connections for A2P SMS delivery?
- Why are direct connections in messaging more expensive than indirect routes?
- What’s the difference between P2P (Person-to-Person) and A2P messaging?
SMS for Business
General SMS Information
- Does tyntec provide global coverage for their messaging services?
- How do I send bulk SMS via tyntec?
- What type of connections does tyntec support for SMPP?
- Does tyntec support SMS premium rate numbers?
- How can I schedule business SMS messages?
- How quickly are messages delivered via tyntec’s SMS gateway?
- What does “delivered upstream” mean?
- What are the reasons for message failure
- What is the throughput limit to send SMS messages?
- Does tyntec perform number lookup (or HLR check) before sending a message? If yes, do you cache the results?
- Does tyntec deliver SMS messages to ported numbers?
- What happens if you send an SMS message to a temporarily absent number?
- Is it possible to avoid SMS messages delivered multiple times?
- How does tyntec track and resolve SMS delivery issues?
- How can I troubleshoot SMS delivery?
Features for Business Messaging
- Why is sender ID not delivering?
- Can tyntec deliver A2P SMS to roaming phone numbers?
- How does a mobile number need to be formatted for successful SMS delivery?
- What languages does tyntec support in SMS messages?
- Does tyntec support accented and foreign language characters for business SMS sending?
- Can I send an SMS that is longer than 160 characters?
- Which special characters count as two characters in an SMS?
- Why do concatenated messages receive DLRs (Delivery Receipts) with extra latency?
- What does tyntec’s retry scheme for SMS delivery look like?
- Will my SMS messages arrive in order in case of concatenated SMS?
- How can I receive SMS messages from my customers?
- Why can't SMS recipients respond to messages sent using an alphanumeric sender ID?
- How long does tyntec retry inbound SMS and delivery receipts?
Authentication in Your Business
- What is the difference between 2FA API and tyntec’s OTP SMS API?
- How does the 2FA API work?
- What use cases does the 2FA API support?
- Can I use the 2FA API with any number in the world?
- How can I retry a verification attempt?
- What is the price of tyntec’s 2FA API?
- Is there a charge for additional verification attempts?
- How long does it take to verify a phone number with tyntec’s two-factor authentication codes?
- How are PIN codes for 2FA generated?
- How do I map the PIN code/OTP the customer enters for the original request?
- What is the length of a 2FA PIN code/ one-time password?
- Can I provide my own 2FA codes?
- What should I do if I haven't received a 2FA PIN code?
- What is the validity period for 2FA API’s PIN codes?
- Why is my 2FA SMS/TTS (Text-to-Speech) call not in the primary language of the destination country?
- What are the benefits of using phone numbers as a digital identifier?
- Why should I use SMS for authentication?
- How many times can a customer enter a PIN code?
- Where can I see the status of a PIN code/OTP?
- What happens if the line is busy or there is no answer when receiving a TTS call?
- How do I know whether TTS or SMS will be used?
Number Information Service
- What can I do with Number Information and what service should I choose?
- What information does the Portability Check provide?
- What information does the Number Verification provide?
- How does Number Verification prevent fraud?
- What interfaces are available for Number Information APIs
- What’s your throughput for the Number Information APIs?
Customer Service and Pricing
Pricing and Payments
- Do you offer post-pay contracts?
- Do tyntec credits expire?
- Do I get blocked if my balance is zero?
- How can I make a payment?
- Will I be charged VAT?
- How am I charged for a dedicated number subscription?
- How am I charged when I send SMS?
- Why have I been charged twice for sending one message?
- What is tyntec’s refund policy?
WhatsApp Business Solution
- What are the options I can use for WhatsApp Business?
- How does the application process work? What information do I need to share with WhatsApp?
- What’s the WhatsApp Business API?
- What are the advantages of using an official provider for the WhatsApp Business API?
- How do I start using the WhatsApp Business solution with tyntec?
- Do I need to request Facebook or WhatsApp directly for approval of my business account?
- What verified or confirmed options do I have for my business in WhatsApp? How do they appear in the app?
- Do customers need to opt-in to receive WhatsApp messages from my business?
Use Cases and Message Types:
- How can I use the WhatsApp Business API?
- What type of messaging is supported on the WhatsApp Business API?
- What specifics should I know about Message Templates?
- Once a session message is initiated, do I need to have any communication elements pre-approved by WhatsApp?
- What kind of formatting is possible with message templates?
- How do I add variables to Message Templates?
- How can I submit message templates with tyntec?
Data, privacy, GDPR
- What is WhatsApp's position on GDPR?
- Does WhatsApp see itself as a Data Controller, Data Processor or both? For each, can you provide detail in which instances these relate to?
- Is personal data being stored on European servers?
- Where is a client's customer data being stored?
- What is tyntec’s role in data privacy, security, and GDPR compliance?
- Can I check if a user's phone number is enabled for WhatsApp?
- What rich content can I share with customers on WhatsApp?
- Can I send messages to WhatsApp groups or manage groups?
- Is it possible to port an external number outside of tyntec to use WhatsApp?